Friday 1 January 2010

Happy New Year to all

I can't believe its a new decade,and one which for me is very life changing as I am due for retirement which fills me with dread.
In theory it should be a time when I finally do things Ive wanted to do all my life,reality is always different however,still it should give me time to game more hopefully.
Anyway enough of this maudlin chit chat,onwards and upwards.
As I add photographs it is evident that I use a lot of RSM figures for my SYW armies,I was always impressed with the range by Steve Hezzlewood who was clearly a bit of a 'wrong un' but he certainly had a talent. My units are based on 36 figures per batallion and multiples of 12 for my cavalry. It is noticable that I also use Hinchliffe figures for some of my units,again I always admired Peter Gilder,who was likewise a bit larger than life in some respects.One of my regrets was never going to his enchanted cottage to game. I have been several times since his death to the sucessor in Scarborough and have enjoyed the experience,whilst not understanding the rules.Gilder was able to bring life to his castings,which upon close examination could look crude,but when painted just looked right. I particularly liked his Connisseur range,especially 'The Kings Lifeguard'.
I digress however, getting back to RSM, they are still available from the USA, via the Dayton Painting Company who are a nice group to deal with being very helpful.The range is fairly extensive for the SYW and I would recommend them. If you live in Britain,I would start with a fairly modest order or you will fall foul of HM customs.
Any way All the Best for the New Year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My 6mm Napoleonic set up.

My 6mm Napoleonic set up.
Austria 1809.

Austrian Hussars

Austrian Hussars
Hinchliffe figures

Austrian Grenzer

Austrian Grenzer
Austrian Grenzer

Smoggycon 2013

Smoggycon 2013
Smoggycon 2013

Smoggycon 2012

Smoggycon 2012
Smoggycon 2012

Smoogycon 2009

Smoogycon 2009
My French getting another beating