Monday 25 January 2010

A word on Flags, Tip 1.

Most of my flags that I use for the Seven Years War are home made, and came about after a conversation I had years ago with Barry Hilton.
I use white cotton hankies[preferably mens] which I prepare by painting with a mixture of pvc white wood glue and water.When the hanky is dry I simply cut the flag to the necessary size,and then lightly draw on the motif etc.
Painting stiff cotton is fairly easy,and with a bit of dry brushing,over the colours, gives a good texture.Again copying off Barry I tend to make my flags bigger than they should be to make them stand out,unfortunately I haven't the patience to paint them as well as Barry Hiltons. The cotton folds really well and gives a really good effect,for just a little effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My 6mm Napoleonic set up.

My 6mm Napoleonic set up.
Austria 1809.

Austrian Hussars

Austrian Hussars
Hinchliffe figures

Austrian Grenzer

Austrian Grenzer
Austrian Grenzer

Smoggycon 2013

Smoggycon 2013
Smoggycon 2013

Smoggycon 2012

Smoggycon 2012
Smoggycon 2012

Smoogycon 2009

Smoogycon 2009
My French getting another beating