Monday 18 April 2016

Salute 2016, Part Three.


For so reason my PC is running very slow, so I am having trouble downloading the images I want to use. Anyway onto other games and the trade. I always enjoy looking at and talking to the members of the Continental Wars Society, the members are good crack. I couldnt manage to take many decent snaps of their Garabaldi game, as the camera was playing up, but I particularly liked this cavalry unit. Oh and the Garabaldi biscuits were a nice touch too.
Essex Warriors displayed the Battle of Kunnersdorf in 28mm, and I had a good time sledging their American contingent regarding the virtue of Frederick the Unpleasant. It was a very tidy game, with some decent units to admire.


I was impressed by the use of Kallistra terrain for this game regarding the First World War,It was very effective and eye catching.


I dont know what the game was, I dont know what rules were being used, but I thought it was a damned fine looking game that was very popular.

Agincourt, displayed by the New Buckinghamshire Wargames Group in 28mm.
This looked a tidy game that I would have liked to take a command in

One of two games depicting the Battle of Hastings in 28mm, I unfortunately didnt get details of the group, again a battle I would like to have fought in.
Below is a game that intrigued me, as it displayed MDF model ships, that were very good, using a new set of naval rules by Capitan. I normally dont like MDF, apart from for bases, but the ships really looked the part. Again I didnt get the name of the group, but it was a nice display.


I was really taken by this fantasy game by I believe the Chesterfield Gaming Society, entitled Kings of War. It had every type of unit imaginable and all were beautifully painted.
                                     
                                                    I loved this giant, made of resin.
 My favorites however were the mammoths which were very effectively painted and displayed.

The game, used various different areas of weather and terrain, including an Ice Dragon and army.



1 comment:

  1. Hi, could you tell me what is the Essex warriors game called?

    ReplyDelete

My 6mm Napoleonic set up.

My 6mm Napoleonic set up.
Austria 1809.

Austrian Hussars

Austrian Hussars
Hinchliffe figures

Austrian Grenzer

Austrian Grenzer
Austrian Grenzer

Smoggycon 2013

Smoggycon 2013
Smoggycon 2013

Smoggycon 2012

Smoggycon 2012
Smoggycon 2012

Smoogycon 2009

Smoogycon 2009
My French getting another beating