Monday 24 October 2016

Rebels and Fiasco 2016.

 Well, on a lighter note, I have completed my Louisiana Brigade, adding the fourth regiment, an artillery piece and a command figure. Unfortunately, I based my artillery crews before I had any pieces to go with the unit. I have found the pieces a tad big, and the bases a tad small. So I am painting some Perry plastic crews to replace the metal ones.
I have one more rebel regiment to complete before I start a few Union troops, although I dont seem to have the same enthusiasm to do them.I have always seen myself as an awkward rebel so that might have something to do with it. Anyway its Fiasco at the weekend, which I havent been to for some years, however I intend to take the trip South for a look. Hopefully I will pick up a few toys to paint. 






 I have also continued with my 54mm plastic medieval figures, for a potential Lion Rampant set to next year. The figures are Italeri which are as rare as hobby horse shit, but still nice. For the purists, the figures represent various historical periods, but the game I envisage is more Hollywood than historical. [well thats my excuse.] The collection is growing as I was able to source some more Airfix medieval foot.



8 comments:

  1. Good works! Your 54mm knights are all so dynamically posed. Good colors too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jonathan, the actual figures are hard to source, but they are very nice t paint once properly primed.

      Delete
    2. Liking the progress with the 54mm stuff Robbie. Incidentally, Osprey have brought out some other rule sets using the Lion Rampant game mechanisms ("The Men Who Would Be King" set deals with the Colonial period) but with a few tweaks which I think improve them overall.

      Delete
  2. Very nice. Giving fiasco a miss this year

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its been a while since I have been, so I am interested to see how it is.

      Delete
  3. Very nice I especially like the mounted commander and I think the artillery colours are great.
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete

My 6mm Napoleonic set up.

My 6mm Napoleonic set up.
Austria 1809.

Austrian Hussars

Austrian Hussars
Hinchliffe figures

Austrian Grenzer

Austrian Grenzer
Austrian Grenzer

Smoggycon 2013

Smoggycon 2013
Smoggycon 2013

Smoggycon 2012

Smoggycon 2012
Smoggycon 2012

Smoogycon 2009

Smoogycon 2009
My French getting another beating