Thursday 1 December 2016

My first Union brigade.

 My posts seem to be like the buses, they all come at once. I have been fairly productive lately as regards painting, and I have managed to complete a further three Union regiments. It is an eclectic bunch, Pennsylvanians, Irish and a Zouave unit, the 9th New York. One thing I have noticed is that the Perry twins havent made any lively posed Union troops in metal, so they all are quite sedate, whilst obviously Redoubt Miniatures go for a more energetic pose.
 Each have their individual charms, and I like both ranges. I did include a couple of the new Perry Plastic Union troops which are a tad bigger than their metal chaps but are very nice.
 I am currently doing a few cavalry and a Confederate foot unit. So its onwards and upwards.I never se myself targets or write lists anymore simply because I never have stuck to them. The target is simply to paint up both sides of the ACW and stop when I get sick or my wargames allowance runs out. I think the cash aspect might win the argument in the end.









6 comments:

  1. Excellent Federal brigade! Recently finished one of my own. Never under-estimate the probability of getting tired of painting a sea of blue and grey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, these look great , I'm surprised you haven't invested more in Perry plastics as they cover this period so well and are so economical especially in their big game in a box. Lovely painting.
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice Robbie, and putting mine to shame

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great looking units sir, wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never under-estimate the probability of getting tired of painting a sea of blue and grey!'



    ** goldenslot mobile**
    ** สล็อต ออนไลน์ ได้ เงิน จริง**

    ReplyDelete

My 6mm Napoleonic set up.

My 6mm Napoleonic set up.
Austria 1809.

Austrian Hussars

Austrian Hussars
Hinchliffe figures

Austrian Grenzer

Austrian Grenzer
Austrian Grenzer

Smoggycon 2013

Smoggycon 2013
Smoggycon 2013

Smoggycon 2012

Smoggycon 2012
Smoggycon 2012

Smoogycon 2009

Smoogycon 2009
My French getting another beating