Wednesday 13 June 2012

Armies of the Seven Years War.


I dashed down the sorting office this afternoon to collect a parcel and was very pleased to get my copy of Digby Smith's new book, Armies of the Seven Years War purchased from Amazon.
Obviously I have yet to read it,but just by flicking through the 300+ pages,I can see its been worth the wait to buy.
Under his alter ego, Otto Von Pivka,  Digby Smith produced a classic book for Napoleonic war gamers.
That book had everything one needed to get started painting uniforms,when there was a bit of a shortage in information.
 This time he has gone better. All the nations of the conflict are listed,describing their respective uniforms,and brief histories.Including the small German states, Portugal and Sweden.Also included is information about the equipment used etc.
To give even more value for money,brief histories of some of the commanders are included,and best of all some orders of battle with decent illustrations to help.
War gamers are so lucky at times, officially priced at £30.00p but with discounts I bought it for twenty,how can one be robbed!
Its beats £60 for the Games Workshop World War Two rules,and the average  £30.00 for war games rules. Cant wait for bedtime.

3 comments:

  1. I've just got the same book - still waiting an in depth read but looks a really useful reference.

    -- Allan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait for my pre-release order to become available in the United States. Thanks for the endorsement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! Does this book have any info or image of the unusual Schaumburg-Lippe carabiniers?

    ReplyDelete

My 6mm Napoleonic set up.

My 6mm Napoleonic set up.
Austria 1809.

Austrian Hussars

Austrian Hussars
Hinchliffe figures

Austrian Grenzer

Austrian Grenzer
Austrian Grenzer

Smoggycon 2013

Smoggycon 2013
Smoggycon 2013

Smoggycon 2012

Smoggycon 2012
Smoggycon 2012

Smoogycon 2009

Smoogycon 2009
My French getting another beating