So the last couple of weeks I have tried to be more disciplined in my painting,and it seems to have paid off.I have finally finished my Jackdaw French Guard unit,seperate arms and all.
I found these a bit hard to paint,but I do like them.
I also dashed of a unit of the Hanoverian British legion,and also I repainted a unit of Hinchliffe Austrians,that I picked up a while ago. The figures were cheap at a pound a painted casting,and now that I have touched them up they look pretty decent. The Jackdaw figures are so big that I couldnt fit six figures on the base, but I like the irregular look, the French guard,werent the best when it came to dressing,during the Seven Years War
I also did a few of the Jackdaw British personalities, and after buying some Foremost horses, I painted my Imaginary! Duke,resplendant in the yellow of his ducal arms.
After checking my painted units,and the metal mountain I have decided to concentrate on mounted units,as I am a bit light of these. These chaps are Jackdaw French Dragoon types,again big figures,but full of life.
Finally I have been painting casuality bases to stand behind the units, these bases are really good value at 60 pence a base,with the casuality numbers going up to 12,so plenty of scope for slaughter.
So all in all a fairly productive month,just another half ton to paint,before this project is completed.