Thursday 31 December 2009

Aim

Aim;
There should always be an aim I believe even if it concerns wargaming. My aim is really to hopefully inspire people to take up a rewarding hobby ie, Wargaming.
Being of a mature age I sometimes think hobbies have become redundant in the 21st century,and with the way history is taught in schools in the UK I worry that young people have little idea of the drama,colour and adventure that is history.
I was lucky to be inspired as a young boy by a history teacher who loved his subject and was able to convey his enthusiasm to his pupils, from this base I discovered wargaming in the late 1960's.
I have been wargaming now for over forty years,and I can honestly state my life would have been pretty dismal without this hobby which at times took over my life and certainly threatened my financial future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My 6mm Napoleonic set up.

My 6mm Napoleonic set up.
Austria 1809.

Austrian Hussars

Austrian Hussars
Hinchliffe figures

Austrian Grenzer

Austrian Grenzer
Austrian Grenzer

Smoggycon 2013

Smoggycon 2013
Smoggycon 2013

Smoggycon 2012

Smoggycon 2012
Smoggycon 2012

Smoogycon 2009

Smoogycon 2009
My French getting another beating