Monday 27 April 2015

Salute Wargames Show 2015, Part Three.

 Dont ask me what it was, but this model was a stand out piece of gear. I can only assume it is a Star Wars vessel, but as a model it was fantastic. There are some very talented modelers about.





                  Again another first class fantasy/sci fi game. Everything about it showed quality.I really think the fantasy/ sci fi groups showed the wargamers how to do a show.

                    Again a brilliant sci fi game, this was was a Dystopian Wars battle. I think.,

The game below is my personal choice for best of show. Everything about the game was quality. The snow covered terrain was perfect, complementing the 6mm figures.It show s me that 6mm if done well is as good as 28mm.But this is a subjective viewpoint.





A Lion Rampant game, with various contingents. The game was very pretty with some well painted miniatures on show.







                                 A very tidy Samurai game, everything about it was neat.





 

                                    A well done representation in 6mm of the Battle of Ligny.



 These gentlemen were very funny, and had a first rate game on display. Its the first time Id met a bunch of American Essex people.





  A modern wargame, again based in a winter environment, but it was really done well.

  Again a battle in the snow, this time the Battle of Eylau. A stylised rendition of the battle. It still looked very playable.

3 comments:

  1. Didn't see the snow at all- but I agree it looks fine- the uniform knights look very odd on that medieval game but it aparently did happen - See "Roman de Rou" - "all of one tint of one colour " in the 12th century

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the report and photos. I'm afraid you've confirmed my intention to avoid this show - too many people. too far away, too expensive, and too much non-historical gaming.

    One thing I would say, I was glad to hear that some 'everyday style' games managed to get into the show. These big modelling extravaganzas that people have spent all year on are a fine inspiration, but we need to show what ordinary wargaming is about. Not all of us have the time, money or motivation for grand scale wargaming. But of course showing wargaming at its grandest is also good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agree with much of what has been already said. If seems heavily slanted in favour of Science fiction/fantasy. The skills and output of that genre seems to dwarf 'historical' at every level. I was particularly bewildered at the fact that the Napoleonic anniversary was largely ignored. Or so it seemed.
    Oh well :(

    ReplyDelete

My 6mm Napoleonic set up.

My 6mm Napoleonic set up.
Austria 1809.

Austrian Hussars

Austrian Hussars
Hinchliffe figures

Austrian Grenzer

Austrian Grenzer
Austrian Grenzer

Smoggycon 2013

Smoggycon 2013
Smoggycon 2013

Smoggycon 2012

Smoggycon 2012
Smoggycon 2012

Smoogycon 2009

Smoogycon 2009
My French getting another beating