Tuesday 11 August 2015

Family Commitments 2.

 As I stated in my last post, I have been very busy with my family which caused me to halt anything wargame related. Anyway my house is now quiet again, so hopefully I can catch up on things.A while ago I was given some unpainted Willie Horses by a AMG member called John Duggan. It was a very kind gesture, but I knew that one would need a very large figure to fit them. Anyway, Front Rank supply a large French Garde Gendarme which I have now finished. The figures still needed a bit of work to actually fit, but I do like the overall effect. No doubt when they are seen in the flesh, someone will point out that the Garde rode dark chestnut horses. However I have found that the Willie horses paint up well as greys.

 In what little time I have had, I have been experimenting with the artists acrylic, Davys Gray, as recommended by master painter Tony Runkee. The effect is very good for a shade of white, but I think Im going to have to experiment more to achieve what I am trying for.Still I've made a start. From little acorns etc. Anyway its good to be back.

                                     


6 comments:

  1. Welcome back Robbie, the Gendarmes are very nice indeed. It was good to touch base at Claymore even if my visit was cut short!
    Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Afternoon Graham,
    Its funny that I when I arrived home I had to make a visit to the vets my priority as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like the greys. I've never been convinced by Alex's SYW figures but they definitely have heft.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Evening Paul,
      I must admit Im not a great lover of Front Rank figures, but each to their own, but it would have been an awful shame not to have used the unpainted horses.

      Delete
  4. Vigorous and dashing poses. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Willie horses have definately stood the test of time and paint up well.

      Delete

My 6mm Napoleonic set up.

My 6mm Napoleonic set up.
Austria 1809.

Austrian Hussars

Austrian Hussars
Hinchliffe figures

Austrian Grenzer

Austrian Grenzer
Austrian Grenzer

Smoggycon 2013

Smoggycon 2013
Smoggycon 2013

Smoggycon 2012

Smoggycon 2012
Smoggycon 2012

Smoogycon 2009

Smoogycon 2009
My French getting another beating