Tuesday 7 November 2017

Dioramas.

 Having decided to put on a ACW game at the Battleground show at Middlesbrough I thought it prudent to paint up a few little dioramas to scatter around the table. I like to see little focal points of interest on a wargames table. I've found that the public like to see points of interest and its a great way to get talking to them. So what better than an ambulance courtesy of the Perry twins. I must admit it wasn't a pleasure to put together and is more super glue than metal. Still as long as no one picks it up it should be okay.

 For Picketts Charge, John has introduced ammunition wagons on the table to show that the various batteries are fully serviced. Should they use up all their ammunition the wagon is removed.So I have painted one, but still need to make another one. They are from Hinchliffe and are very good pieces, and still good value for the money.
 Still on Hinchliffe I thought I should paint up some draft horses for the Perry plastic limbers. I think they have turned out alright. Again the horses are from Hinds figures who offers a very quick postal service.
                                          And now a few camp scenes.The Tigers cobbler.

                                      A couple of Union figures going about their business.

                                 A Union zoauve officer attempting to understand his map.

                                    A Union surgeon with some patients.At least they are alive.

 And finally a regiment of Union volunteer cavalry.My daughter bought me the castings last Christmas and I finally found time to paint them up. These are the 'Butterflies' of course. A not very good New York regiment.
 So one can see I am back in some sort of painting groove. Actually there are a couple of rebel infantry regiments nearly finished,[probably tomorrow] as well.



10 comments:

  1. "Back in the painting groove" without question and with a vengeance!

    Many nifty pieces coming out from your painting desk. Hard to pick a favorite but I do like the Zouave officer with map. Your Federal cav look cool too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jonathan, I must admit that the officer was a pleasure to paint and he is probably my favourite.

      Delete
  2. very nice pieces Rob. I like the union cavalry especially.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only two more regiments to paint and then thats definitely it.

      Delete
  3. Absolutely cracking-I love to see "ephemera" on the table too-beautifully executed figs.etc.
    johnc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. John, your lass has bought you a dictionary finally. Are you moving house next?

      Delete
  4. All looking very good. All being well I may even get to see these in person at the show.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paul,
      Its a nice show. It has a good feel about it, and of course entry is free.

      Delete
  5. Lovely looking vignettes, Hinds have excellent customer support I thought, warbase mdf wagons? I think they're pretty good too.
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Iain,
      Ian Hinds is very good.Because some of the castings were a little worn he sent me twice the number of limber horses free gratis.Hinchliffe are very good value and make some excellent stuff that has stood the test of time.

      Delete

My 6mm Napoleonic set up.

My 6mm Napoleonic set up.
Austria 1809.

Austrian Hussars

Austrian Hussars
Hinchliffe figures

Austrian Grenzer

Austrian Grenzer
Austrian Grenzer

Smoggycon 2013

Smoggycon 2013
Smoggycon 2013

Smoggycon 2012

Smoggycon 2012
Smoggycon 2012

Smoogycon 2009

Smoogycon 2009
My French getting another beating