Thursday 4 August 2022

Ancients.

 


Well I finally completed some half painted ancient units that had been stood around for quite a while and they're a real eclectic mix of troop types and figure manufacturers..
I bought a few Foundry Cesarean Romans to pad out my small Roman army.They were a pleasure to paint although I now refuse to pay full price for them, these were courtesy of E Bay. I know they are a tad bright, but I must admit I do like the look of them. 


I have had these two resin elephants stood unloved for many months and finally decided to paint them.I only need to paint the rest of the Successor army now. Again they were a pleasure to paint. First Corps I think.


I had mentioned Lamming Miniatures a few weeks ago and was complaining about the scarcity of the range on E Bay. I then discovered the ranges are now available again but only better. The ranges have been redone and are for sale under the Lamming banner from a very enterprising gent called Martin Cameron who is steadily working his way through the ranges bringing them back to life. Recommended.
I picked up some badly painted Garrison Egyptians and have finally renovated them. They're not brilliant but are acceptable and were one of the very first figures I bought, many years ago.


I know they look their age, but I wanted some Egyptian melee troops to add to my Persian army. Not too historical, but look the part.

My 'new' Lamming Egyptian infantry, beautiful sculpts and very clean Great to paint by the way.


                      Finally a new Roman general to add to my many Roman generals. I think he was a freebie.



8 comments:

  1. I like the look of those Romans

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nell, they're Foundry that I bought off E Bay slightly cheaper than from Foundry.I know the blue is a bit bright but thats the way I like them.

      Delete
  2. A wonderful selection of ancient figures Robbie.

    Willz.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its a real generic mix, but Ive found it makes painting more interesting, plus Im attempting to square away a few bits and bobs.

      Delete
  3. Grand additions to your collections. I particularly like the effalumps! You do have a thing about Foundry though. If you think they are expensive try buying some Eureka figures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know David, I do like Eureka figures and treated myself to their lovely Saxons and Gendarmes. The thing re Foundry is the knowledge of how old the original figures are and how much they are charging for them. Its daft, but I cant myself.

      Delete
  4. Lovely collection of ancients, always nice to see elephants, I'm of the same mind about Foundry, irrational but I can't help it!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete

My 6mm Napoleonic set up.

My 6mm Napoleonic set up.
Austria 1809.

Austrian Hussars

Austrian Hussars
Hinchliffe figures

Austrian Grenzer

Austrian Grenzer
Austrian Grenzer

Smoggycon 2013

Smoggycon 2013
Smoggycon 2013

Smoggycon 2012

Smoggycon 2012
Smoggycon 2012

Smoogycon 2009

Smoogycon 2009
My French getting another beating