Monday 16 January 2023

New Burgundian organ gun, sort of.

And now a post to probably give some pedant the vapours. My latest organ gun. The crew are two of the new Eureka Miniatures Burgundian artillery crew. The gun? Yes its an original Games Workshop Hellblaster [ie metal] I always liked the piece and thought why not.
Yes its a fantasy piece with an ornate gremlin?? on the front of the gun, but I really like it, so thats my justification. They are fairly hard to locate [ ie expensive] but I really wanted it. 
Yesterday John and I attended the yearly Oldhammer bring and buy in Gateshead. It was busier than ever with a queue outside which was new. I foresee all the wargames show's being very busy this year now that we are finally free.
So did I make any purchases? Naturally. GW paint for 2.00 a pot, an lot of unpainted Space Marines and Wolves? I want these for a project that involves my grandson and the new Xenos Rampant rules. Some people will say that Ive been into fantasy for a longtime given some of the units in my various armies.
The sale had a lot of stuff on sale, mostly at reasonable prices which are negotiable. The only disappointment, no bacon sandwiches. Apparently they weren't too popular last year. Who are these wargamers I ask?? Bacon, egg, sausages. It should be the motto of all wargamers.


 

8 comments:

  1. Fine piece of ordnance, Robbie! Good to see you out for a bit of Retail Therapy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like shopping Johnathan, especially if there could be bargains.

      Delete
  2. A grand piece! Great addition. I was at Penkridge TT Sale yesterday and it was rammed, dangerously overcrowded I'd have thought, but you could see how much folk wanted to be there. Oh, and there were bacon baps too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did think the lack of bacon was a bugger David, but its clear that there are a lot of wargamers that want to sell stuff and even more that want to buy it.

      Delete
  3. Well I would certainly want a piece like that in my Army, just because it looks so cool! I might have to search out one in 10mm for my planned Medieval armies.

    BTW really nicely painted and the pavise at the front is a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im now at an age where Im not too worried about certain items and troops in my armies.As long as its not too ridiculous.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. I must admit I thought about buying a Leonardo type organ gun, but settled for his figure instead. I hope to have him painted up soon, once I can think of the setting for him.

      Delete

My 6mm Napoleonic set up.

My 6mm Napoleonic set up.
Austria 1809.

Austrian Hussars

Austrian Hussars
Hinchliffe figures

Austrian Grenzer

Austrian Grenzer
Austrian Grenzer

Smoggycon 2013

Smoggycon 2013
Smoggycon 2013

Smoggycon 2012

Smoggycon 2012
Smoggycon 2012

Smoogycon 2009

Smoogycon 2009
My French getting another beating