Wednesday 9 March 2011

More Hanoverians

To continue on from the last post, I aslo bought a bag of Eagle Miniatures and painted some up as light troops, now these figures are big 30mm guys, especially the Grenadiers I bought,again at 20p a casting, [I think I was just lucky]
 Anyway,again not my best paint job,but not bad, I had to put a standard bearer with them, [ Foundry] which I know they shouldnt have, but I wanted to give them a more interesting appearence.
 Following on from Andy Copestakes thread re the figure fascists, I also painted up a couple of personality figures.
The first were Foundry ones, and the servant seriously needs some kind of surgery, as the head and jaw on him are strange to say the least. Normally I have nothing but admiration for all toy soldier designers, they are talented people, and the original Gurnsey Foundry were top notch castings, but...... I will let the reader judge for themselves.    Actually the photograph doesnt do the casting justice.
 I then painted up Frederick playing a flute by Eureka Miniatures.I love the castings [hate the price]
 I suppose its all a matter of opinion, and if we were all the same,it would be a dull wargaming world.
 I have to apologise for the excessive use of grass, I love the stuff,and cant believe how lucky wargamers are with accessories that are now available.
 Anyway, I am half way through a RSM regiment of Hanoverians and most wargamers will turn their noses up at their primitve and simplistic style. Personally I love them....You pays your money and takes your choice. Keep on playing with toy soldiers.

4 comments:

  1. I've always loved the "elegance" of the RSM figures . . . and they certainly don't look like "tall dwarves" like some figures do.


    -- Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say i regard RSM and the like as anything but simplistic - i think they are far more sophisticated and elegant than the majority of clumsily sculpted stuff that is inflicted on us by most of todays sculptors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. While I prefer Stadden to RSM I do like the elegamce of the latter.
    The figure Fascists was not having a go at sculptors but rather at the "fashionistas" who try to tell us what is correct.Its the variety of the hoi=obby that suffers in that environment- and not just in terms of figures but in style and type of games too.

    ReplyDelete

My 6mm Napoleonic set up.

My 6mm Napoleonic set up.
Austria 1809.

Austrian Hussars

Austrian Hussars
Hinchliffe figures

Austrian Grenzer

Austrian Grenzer
Austrian Grenzer

Smoggycon 2013

Smoggycon 2013
Smoggycon 2013

Smoggycon 2012

Smoggycon 2012
Smoggycon 2012

Smoogycon 2009

Smoogycon 2009
My French getting another beating