Sunday 15 May 2011

More Ducal Troops.

Finally I have completed two more units for my Ducal [ I must create a name] project. These are Pandours decked out in a more sedate green colour,for the odd skirmish.
The figures are Foundry that I had laid about in my mountain of metal. Definately one of their better models.The unit is a half batallion,of 12 figures,which fits in nicely with our rules, 'A Nostalgic Whim'.
 Light troops fire in twos,but tend not to be a battle winner.

Next up are my Ducal Lancers who are more for show than for effect. Light cavalry in our rules dont fight very well against line types, although they are effective against the odd wagon train.
Still they are really just eye candy and will probably just line up at the end of a table looking pretty.
 I have been very busy the last two weeks with work etc,but I now finally hope to paint some red on my Hanoverians,who have been sat in their black undercoat for a little while.
 Next weekend is Sheffield Triples,which used to be John and mine's favourite show. I felt the last few years it was showing signs of failing,but with a new venue,I hope it can re invent itself. Still, something to really look forward to.
 Bookwise,I have managed to but Donald Fetaherstones' Battle of Poitiers, which is a fine little book. Featherstone writes a good description of battles,which does inspire folk.[ well at least me]  


In my spare time [ !] I have been watching Game of Thrones on Sky,and I must admit that from a slow start,it is getting pretty interesting,and would make a great background story for a campaign based on a Tony Bath type of setup.
 The large number of Ducal [that word again] houses is perfect for a setup.
 Anyway there has been further progress on my house, and a nice suggestion from 'Alte Fritz'  re my wargames room.
Unfortunately his suggestion to have one massive room on the top floor of my new home,had already met with stony silence from my wife last year.I am just grateful that I am getting an indoor room after all my years of gaming.


2 comments:

  1. Lovely figure painting, sir! I've always had a soft spot for lancer regiments on the table. That touch of exotic class, y' know. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Evidently takes a manly man to wear a lavender uniform. Great looking units!

    Jim

    ReplyDelete

My 6mm Napoleonic set up.

My 6mm Napoleonic set up.
Austria 1809.

Austrian Hussars

Austrian Hussars
Hinchliffe figures

Austrian Grenzer

Austrian Grenzer
Austrian Grenzer

Smoggycon 2013

Smoggycon 2013
Smoggycon 2013

Smoggycon 2012

Smoggycon 2012
Smoggycon 2012

Smoogycon 2009

Smoogycon 2009
My French getting another beating