Sunday 25 March 2012

The figures keep coming.

I am determined to shrink my metal mountain,by hook or by crook.
 So the last couple of weeks I have tried to be more disciplined in my painting,and it seems to have paid off.I have finally finished my Jackdaw French Guard unit,seperate arms and all.
 I found these a bit hard to paint,but I do like them.
 I also dashed of a unit of the Hanoverian British legion,and also I repainted a unit of Hinchliffe Austrians,that I picked up a while ago. The figures were cheap at a pound a painted casting,and now that I have touched them up they look pretty decent. The Jackdaw figures are so big that I couldnt fit six figures on the base, but I like the irregular look, the French guard,werent the best when it came to dressing,during the Seven Years War


  
I also did a few of the Jackdaw British personalities, and after buying some Foremost horses, I painted my Imaginary! Duke,resplendant in the yellow of his ducal arms.





After checking my painted units,and the metal mountain I have decided to concentrate on mounted units,as I am a bit light of these. These chaps are Jackdaw French Dragoon types,again big figures,but full of life.





Finally I have been painting casuality bases to stand behind the units, these bases are really good value at 60 pence a base,with the casuality numbers going up to 12,so plenty of scope for slaughter.




So all in all a fairly productive month,just another half ton to paint,before this project is completed.

3 comments:

  1. I would like to think that your success would inspire me to do the same with my metal mountain . . . but my health concerns must take priority right now.

    Nevertheless, I do congratulate you on your success (and envy the fine-looking units and figures that you've shown us).

    Well done, sir.


    -- Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  2. Superb artwork Robbie; there is so much flair and imagination on display here.

    It will encourage me to finish my 'Old Fritz' command group!!

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nicely painted figs; keep chipping away at the old lead mountain - it may one day become a hill ?

    -- Allan

    ReplyDelete

My 6mm Napoleonic set up.

My 6mm Napoleonic set up.
Austria 1809.

Austrian Hussars

Austrian Hussars
Hinchliffe figures

Austrian Grenzer

Austrian Grenzer
Austrian Grenzer

Smoggycon 2013

Smoggycon 2013
Smoggycon 2013

Smoggycon 2012

Smoggycon 2012
Smoggycon 2012

Smoogycon 2009

Smoogycon 2009
My French getting another beating