Tuesday 10 January 2017

Up and Running.

Well my painting schedule is underway for 2017, actually I think calling it a schedule is pushing it a bit far, as it implies a plan and a target. I have neither. I think I basically will paint up some more ACW units until I feel I can field a decent games worth. However I have just taken receipt of a unit of Steel Fists Gendarmes, so they will be included in the mix, and not forgetting my Saxon's for the AMG weekend later this year. Plus I am still painting 1/32 Airfix medievals.
The commander represents Mckellen,who would never have a rating of 11 as shown on his base. I think a wavering 7 would be more in character.
John and I fought our first battle of the New Year last week, and he kindly set up an ACW scenario which was classed as a very closely fought victory for me. It was a great game to start the year with.

Below is a 'spare' unit of Redoubt rebels donated by Jim Sweeney. Whoever said Yorkshiremen were mean, they were carrying a lot of flash, but have come up okay eventually.


15 comments:

  1. These are some of the prettiest ACW troops I've ever seen. Well done!

    Best Regards,

    Stokes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stokes
      Im afraid I exagerate the colours a bit to make them less drab.

      Delete
  2. Excellent brushwork but I am most interested in seeing what you make of the Gendarmes. Please push those into the painting queue next. Please?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jonathan,
      I put the first gendarme together today.They are a bit fiddly in that you have to fit the plume to the helmet, then the sword to the body and then the lance with hand to the arm, but they are beautiful sculpts. Especially the horses which are big, bigger than Perry, and Eureka, but finer than Foundry.The only drawback is they are not cheap, I got the regiment offer, 6 gendarmes for just over £50.00! but they are beautiful, especially the work on the bards. I think I will get someone to paint them because I dont feel I can do them the justice they deserve.If you can get some I dont think you will be disappointed.

      Delete
  3. Very nice Robbie, if I had the storage space I must say I'd go for 28mm.
    Dave.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dave,
      Storage was a problem until I bought some plastic under the bed storage, on offer at Wilko's.

      Delete
  4. Well done, they look great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Phil,
      I think my ACW will be more Hollywood than reality but hey ho.

      Delete
  5. Great looking ACW figures, intriguing about the steel fist gendarmes, I couldn't justify it as I still haven't painted the dismounted knights from the previous kickstarter!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Iain,
      I must admit I had a rush of blood to buy 6 of the suckers, but when it concerns Gendarmes I cant help myself. They are wonderful sculpts.If only Warlord would release the plastic gendarme range they got from the takeover of Pro Gloria.

      Delete
  6. Hi Robbie-nice to start the year with a win,and of course,nice figures-you would be welcome at our club any time.
    johnc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. John,
      I would love to have a game, but I insist that I fight with Brian. I would hate to have him against me.

      Delete
  7. Very nice Robbie, if I had the storage space I must say I'd go for 28mm.
    Dave.

    ** goldenslot mobile**
    ** สล็อต ออนไลน์ ได้ เงิน จริง**

    ReplyDelete

My 6mm Napoleonic set up.

My 6mm Napoleonic set up.
Austria 1809.

Austrian Hussars

Austrian Hussars
Hinchliffe figures

Austrian Grenzer

Austrian Grenzer
Austrian Grenzer

Smoggycon 2013

Smoggycon 2013
Smoggycon 2013

Smoggycon 2012

Smoggycon 2012
Smoggycon 2012

Smoogycon 2009

Smoogycon 2009
My French getting another beating