Tuesday 18 May 2021

The final Wars of the Roses units done.

So as we finally drag ourselves out of lockdown I thought I should complete and I mean that's it, my Wars of the Roses army. I picked up some decently priced old Citadel WOR figures which are still good quality figures and set to.
I 'needed' these extra figures because Pete of Pete's flags had released a new Yorkist set of standards that I had to buy. Most wargamers understand these two words, 'want' and 'need.' They are important words often used in the wargamers world, when in reality we dont really need them, its just we have to feed the addiction. 
These chaps belong to the ward of John de Pole and are in my favourite livery colours.
 So hopefully as the weeks progress we will finally end up playing regular wargames and attending wargame shows. I appreciate there is the fear of the consequences of the Indian variant, but looking on the brightside I'm expecting things to slowly relax back into something like normality.





 

9 comments:

  1. Beautiful work, Robbie! Pete has a couple of new flagsets for WotR. The light blue and straw is a handsome livery. I may add this to my list. Your WotR project is finished? Say it isn't so!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What wonderful additions to the collection Robbie. I'm sure though that with time you will 'need' more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cracking work. Those Citadel WOR figs still hold their own despite being about 35 years old.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Robbie,your painting standards are really quite good!
    We are thinking of "hosting" a wargames "event" in June(if all goes to plan!),so watch out for details on our blog.cheers,
    johnc

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent work Robbie. Gotta love the flags too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent. John de la Pole Earl of Lincoln has appeared in every one of my WoR's armies and is one of my favourites too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look excellent. The mix of figures on the bases really adds to the overall appeal.
    Regards, James

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great looking WOTR figures! Finished? Really? I'm sure you will need more further down the line!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete

My 6mm Napoleonic set up.

My 6mm Napoleonic set up.
Austria 1809.

Austrian Hussars

Austrian Hussars
Hinchliffe figures

Austrian Grenzer

Austrian Grenzer
Austrian Grenzer

Smoggycon 2013

Smoggycon 2013
Smoggycon 2013

Smoggycon 2012

Smoggycon 2012
Smoggycon 2012

Smoogycon 2009

Smoogycon 2009
My French getting another beating