Thursday 7 October 2021

Finally.

 No new units for my blog this time. Im not totally certain why as I have done some painting but havent got around to actual basing them. But this weekend is a big day for me and many wargamers around the UK with Partizan returning. It must be nearly two years? since my last visit to a wargames show and it feels like an eternity.

 I dont go to buy much nowadays as I am one of those lucky people who have most of what I want but not enough of what I need. So no doubt my wallet will be getting a hammering. Wargames shows are more about lifting the spirits, admiring the skill and artistry of  other wargamers and generally becoming enthused again. Its also a time to bump into wargamers and chat about anything and everything associated with the hobby.

So yes I am looking forward to the day and only hope I dont repeat what I did several years ago and fail to arrive after I wrote of my car in a side on shunt. I remember I was fired up that day and writing a car off isnt a good way to finish the trip.

 So hopefully I will see people I havent seen for a longtime and avoid the ones I probably still owe money to.[just joking]

 See you there.


 

12 comments:

  1. Robbie,,
    Yes indeed will see you. Fired up for this one -a much needed lift

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy the big day and ‘fill yer wellies’ :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy the day out! I'm off to SELWG next week and can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That always looks a good show Ray and one Ive always wanted to attend.Enjoy.

      Delete
  4. It's likely to be a game time decision whether I go or not but I am quite excited about seeing friends after so long.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I look at it like this Paul, Ive had my jabs, Ive had my flu one as well. Next week I get a booster so that's as good as it gets. After that its down to commonsense and being sensible, so no credit card and no new period.

      Delete
  5. Looking forward to seeing friends again, but just a little apprehensive too if I'm honest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course you are David. I was at a festival two weeks ago. It was in the open air and about 4000 wrinklies attended, we all had to produce proof of vaccination, some wore masks, most didnt and it was wonderful just to see people enjoying the now.Figures for Covid when I checked today had gone down by a couple of hundred. Im not saying thats proof but I think we have to learn to manage the risks and act accordingly.

      Delete
  6. Have fun and don't write the car off this time!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a worry I must admit. And the crowd in the other car ALL claimed whiplash, but only after they had played their golf tournament!

      Delete

My 6mm Napoleonic set up.

My 6mm Napoleonic set up.
Austria 1809.

Austrian Hussars

Austrian Hussars
Hinchliffe figures

Austrian Grenzer

Austrian Grenzer
Austrian Grenzer

Smoggycon 2013

Smoggycon 2013
Smoggycon 2013

Smoggycon 2012

Smoggycon 2012
Smoggycon 2012

Smoogycon 2009

Smoogycon 2009
My French getting another beating