Sunday 23 January 2022

Finally, the backlog is up to date.

I had quite a backlog of units that simply needed basing. I have now caught up with this backlog with the completion of these two Burgundian foot units. Charles the Bold in theory had a large number of hand-gunners as part of his ordinances but he clearly struggled to recruit the requisite number of hand-gunners and replaced them with pikemen.  These will be my only unit of gunners and are old Grenadier figures. Ive always liked the figures which I believe were sculpted by Copplestone, yes they look a bit fantastical but embody the look I want.



I bought a few old and stripped back long bowmen from Colonel Bill, Stuart nor me could recognise the company that originally made them but again I liked the look of them. I had to fill the unit out with a hodge podge of Citadel and Grenadier figures. They are probably the best dressed archers in the Burgundian army but hey ho.  
Now the hard part, painting up some extra cavalry units. I would ideally like to have three units of gendarmes with their coustillier supports but nothing is planned, it never is.



 

7 comments:

  1. A bundle of beautiful Burgundians; and army that's in my "to do" list some day as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On my To Do List too! Robbie's work is inspiring.

      Delete
  2. Splendid additions to the Burgundian host Robbie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im determined to get this lot finished, except what then? This is the issue David and you will know the feeling. what does a mature wargamer do when he feels he has painted enough units.

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on knocking out the last of the Burgundians. Good looking figures and basing scheme. These armies must be huge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately its not the last Johnathan, its just units that have sat unbased.I have cavalry to paint even though I could use existing gendarmes etc, I wanted specific Burgundian cavalry.

      Delete

My 6mm Napoleonic set up.

My 6mm Napoleonic set up.
Austria 1809.

Austrian Hussars

Austrian Hussars
Hinchliffe figures

Austrian Grenzer

Austrian Grenzer
Austrian Grenzer

Smoggycon 2013

Smoggycon 2013
Smoggycon 2013

Smoggycon 2012

Smoggycon 2012
Smoggycon 2012

Smoogycon 2009

Smoogycon 2009
My French getting another beating