Wednesday 29 June 2022

Buggering on.

Just to prove I havent thrown myself off a cliff I picked up a brush and finished off a few part painted figures. In the past Ive found that if one paints something a little different from what you normally paint it seems to help cleanse the palate. Hence the lovely Hinton Hunt figure kindly given to me by Iain Mcmillan.
The organ gun is a 3D one which I bought from E Bay. The company supplies four crew so I was able to use two figures for a couple of commanders albeit in later costume style than the times of the Burgundian Wars.
The cavalry are Perry plastics and have been sat in the queue for weeks now. I had trouble with the reds and have now resorted to Games Workshop ones. God knows what Vallejo are doing? I have only two more gendarme units to glue and paint and that should definitely do for the Burgundian army. I already have too many for a normal sized Billhooks game, but enough to host a decent sized Pike and Shot battle. 
People should recognise the billman. He is available from Wargames Illustrated and is meant to be Andy Callan??? He is a very nice figure and will act as a Yorkist sub commander, not that I need anymore.

 So I am still functioning and getting down to business, well at least lifting a paint brush. My next task is repainting some old Garrison and Lamming ancient Egyptians for my Persian horde.


6 comments:

  1. Lovely work on your plastic gendarmes, I like the varied command stands and the organ gun is ace , I'll have to look it up, even though I really don't need it, but when has that stopped us, your additional gendarmes being a case in point!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ive been impressed by the 3d stuff Iain, once they find a more bendable? resin it will really take off.

      Delete
  2. Nice additions to the collection there Robbie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks David, clearly I havent been as busy as yourself, but Im trying.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Alright daft lad, I have been meaning to give you a call re Charlie. Do you visit him?

      Delete

My 6mm Napoleonic set up.

My 6mm Napoleonic set up.
Austria 1809.

Austrian Hussars

Austrian Hussars
Hinchliffe figures

Austrian Grenzer

Austrian Grenzer
Austrian Grenzer

Smoggycon 2013

Smoggycon 2013
Smoggycon 2013

Smoggycon 2012

Smoggycon 2012
Smoggycon 2012

Smoogycon 2009

Smoogycon 2009
My French getting another beating