Friday 31 March 2017

Dont fence me in.

Well in between funerals,wakes and a bit of writing I have managed to make some more fencing for my ACW project. I know I am going to need a lot of pieces, so I try to make a few lengths between everything else. I think I must have about four feet of the stuff, which whilst sounding a lot is actually not. I can recommend the use of candy floss sticks, they are a cheap way to build fences, and are very durable.
I've also tried my hand at other types of fencing used at that time. I'm not totally convinced about the look, they seem out of scale somehow, but I will keep experimenting to see how things go.
These were my first attempt at snake fencing. They look okay but look too sophisticated for the actual period. Wargamers are a picky bunch.
I was lucky enough to pick up a second hand copy of the Gettysburg Companion by Mark Adkin. This is even better than the Waterloo Companion and is full of ephemera about the period. I think I might throw in a couple of facts into an odd conversation to sound like I know what Im talking about. Everyone loves an expert.

7 comments:

  1. As I have mentioned before, great fencing. I could use many, many feet of that too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've certainly raised the bar there Robbie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great looking fencing, I look forward to further words of wisdom!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Iain,
      Best advice, get someone else to make it for you if you can afford it. Otherwise buy some bamboo sticks.

      Delete

My 6mm Napoleonic set up.

My 6mm Napoleonic set up.
Austria 1809.

Austrian Hussars

Austrian Hussars
Hinchliffe figures

Austrian Grenzer

Austrian Grenzer
Austrian Grenzer

Smoggycon 2013

Smoggycon 2013
Smoggycon 2013

Smoggycon 2012

Smoggycon 2012
Smoggycon 2012

Smoogycon 2009

Smoogycon 2009
My French getting another beating