Thursday 22 August 2019

Black Seas.


I forgot to mention in my review of the Partizan show that I had a long talk to the staff at the Warlord  booth about their latest project, called Black Seas.
 I was able to examine samples of the sprues for the sailing ships that will be available in October this year.
 The models will be of generic sailing ships which are beautiful models. Included in the sets will be sails, rigging  and ratlines made of clear plastic. I was shown a completed model fully painted and rigged and was mightily impressed by the ship. Naturally there will be a rule book and various accessories to provide the wargamer with every thing they will need to play the game.
 Now I know absolutely nothing about naval warfare but having seen the models I was sorely tempted to splice the whatever.
 Who says one cant teach an old dog new tricks.

16 comments:

  1. Presumably you meant an old sea dog?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ry good David. I must admit I have always admired the Langton ships but couldnt justify buying them. These however are doable and were very good models.

      Delete
  2. Tempting but so was Cruel Seas which in the end failed to float my boat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sunk before you set sail Colin. Im looking forward to my freebie next month.

      Delete
  3. free sprue on next months Wargames Illustrated

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gordon Bennett!, Berita likes this artikel.

    I'm loving Cruel Seas so this is very tempting, thanks for the heads up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I had dipped my toe in and bought Cruekl Seas, they models looked really very good.

      Delete
  5. Robbie,we do Naval games occasionally,can be tricky and complicated if you let it go to the far end of a F..t-however,for laughs it takes a lot of beating!
    johnc

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Navel Games we play prove you really can drop off the edge of the World

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brian Im certain you are a brilliant sailor and show those youngsters how to perform.

      Delete
  7. I saw them at Salute and was equally very tempted...

    https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-JxAofluLF6U/XKmlfMqa-OI/AAAAAAAAPbQ/QhNGgmbiqagbOtLa3L6hMcCxfddISwLSwCLcBGAs/s640/Dsc01042.jpg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are very nice models Steve and hopefully will expand into a large range of models.

      Delete
  8. Does sound interesting/tempting!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are Iain, wargamers are spoiled if truth be told.

      Delete

My 6mm Napoleonic set up.

My 6mm Napoleonic set up.
Austria 1809.

Austrian Hussars

Austrian Hussars
Hinchliffe figures

Austrian Grenzer

Austrian Grenzer
Austrian Grenzer

Smoggycon 2013

Smoggycon 2013
Smoggycon 2013

Smoggycon 2012

Smoggycon 2012
Smoggycon 2012

Smoogycon 2009

Smoogycon 2009
My French getting another beating