Thursday 13 April 2023

Boxed Sets of Grenadier Miniatures anyone?

                                           Im a wargamer and I hoard stuff. 

There Ive finally admitted Ive too much stuff, and like some poor addict I have finally faced my addiction. I cannot pass up a bargain or something I wanted as a child whilst using Airfix to fight my battles. If a show, no matter how small announces its going to hold a bring and buy, I want to go and scrat through the detritus of failed wargaming projects.

  I was lucky enough to find two colourful boxes at a stall in York. Like Lovejoy I felt a tingle when I picked one up and found inside a load of unpainted Grenadier knights, in the second box was more, plus the sword in the stone. I had to have them. I didnt need them but they were such lovely figures. 

I did some research when I got home and found that they were two complete Grenadier Miniatures sets from the late 1980's. There were a couple of sets advertised for sale on E Bay USA, for silly money.I then committed what was probably a cardinal sin, I painted them! A no no if one collects boxed miniatures.

Why one asks did I put paint on them? 

They were too beautiful not to paint and although they are no use to me, I thoroughly enjoyed the time I devoted to the figures. And now its time to move them on otherwise they will disappear into the pile of projects that were never going to be started and would eventually be found in a house clearence once Ive shifted this mortal coil.

The figures are true 25mm, and a bit small for my Lion Rampant units so this Sunday I will be putting them on  E Bay. Yes this is a shameful bit of advertising in some respects, but I really want them to go to someone who appreciates the figures of Grenadier Miniatures. 















 

7 comments:

  1. They are lovely! Nice old school figures and you have painted them up beautifully. I would imagine these will sell very easily.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was very reluctant to want to get rid, but Im starting to worry about all the 'stuff'.

      Delete
  2. Best of luck with a good price.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nicely done Robbie, figures are meant to be painted.
    I am sure they will sell.

    Willz.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe yes, maybe not Will, but I did enjoy painting them.

      Delete
  4. I wish I had been more of a hoarder - regert almost everything I've sold !

    ReplyDelete

My 6mm Napoleonic set up.

My 6mm Napoleonic set up.
Austria 1809.

Austrian Hussars

Austrian Hussars
Hinchliffe figures

Austrian Grenzer

Austrian Grenzer
Austrian Grenzer

Smoggycon 2013

Smoggycon 2013
Smoggycon 2013

Smoggycon 2012

Smoggycon 2012
Smoggycon 2012

Smoogycon 2009

Smoogycon 2009
My French getting another beating