Wednesday 3 February 2016

Has anyone got any glue?

 As a retirement present, I bought and got constructed a shed/summerhouse in my garden. Well it looks like God had the last laugh, and sent the roof 10 yards over a nearby field. All that remains of the structure is the wall, ie one wall. So if anyone has any decent glue, I would be grateful.
 Oh and by the way, I dont think my insurance will cover the cost.  

Anyway, onto better things. A wargamer can always immerse themselves in their otherworld thank God. I have managed to get some painting done, due to the weather, so my Saxons, are moving along.
 The beauty about buying figures from RSM, is that there are always spare unwanted ones left. By that I mean, there is usually too many command and drummer figures. Similarly there is always a generous amount of artillery figures left. So as a little exercise I put together my first Saxon artillery piece and crew. The Saxon army painted their carriages with pitch and bitumen, so hopefully the colour is near the reality, and if not, sorry. Similarly they painted the ironwork a yellow, to match the ducal and royal colours.


16 comments:

  1. Lovely gun Robbie.

    I have some of that pound land superglue that you're always going on about.

    Seriously, that looks a right mess :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew you would mention THAT glue. Colin it couldnt stick toffee.

      Delete
  2. You always said you wanted to go further afield didn't you? Or was that further INTO a field? It could have been worse - you could have been using it as a wargames room at the time.
    I like the artillery by the way. very nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That did cross my mind Paul, and I had considered building a bigger shed, luckily my wife dug her heels in. [my back]

      Delete
  3. Hard luck Robbie. I presume that's the fruits of Storm Henry?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Conrad, its quite an innocuous name for a storm. Wouldnt you think they would choose name like Thor or Woden at least.

      Delete
  4. Very nice Saxon artillery. I hope that you weren't planning on using the shed for wargaming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jim, It was where I did my best thinking, it sort of blew me away.

      Delete
  5. Hi Robbie must have been cheap shed if it could not stand up to 70/80 mph breeze!!!! see you Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brian,
      You city dwellers have no idea what us country folks have to contend with.

      Delete
    2. Us "City" Dwellers call them Wendy Houses.

      Delete
  6. Hi Robbie,sorry about the fence,this weather will end eventually!
    Saxons look great.will we see you at York on Sunday?
    johnc(william)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Look forward to bumping into you, I miss the humour?

      Delete
  7. Hi Robbie,sorry about the fence,this weather will end eventually!
    Saxons look great.will we see you at York on Sunday?
    johnc(william)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Robbie
    You need a bigger, heavier cabin :) blame the chaps that built it.
    Love the artillery, see you at York.?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There was nothing wrong with the build quality, it was the weather that did for it.
      See you Sunday.

      Delete

My 6mm Napoleonic set up.

My 6mm Napoleonic set up.
Austria 1809.

Austrian Hussars

Austrian Hussars
Hinchliffe figures

Austrian Grenzer

Austrian Grenzer
Austrian Grenzer

Smoggycon 2013

Smoggycon 2013
Smoggycon 2013

Smoggycon 2012

Smoggycon 2012
Smoggycon 2012

Smoogycon 2009

Smoogycon 2009
My French getting another beating