Saturday 27 February 2016

More Saxons.

 To show that I do more than just type waffle on my blog, I thought I would post some Saxons that I have just completed. This regiment is my version of the Von Arnim Cuirassiers.
           The figures are from the excellent Eureka range, expensive but very nice.


 Below is my completed Saxon artillery, hardly going to set the world alight, but sufficient to hopefully cause some wargamers a headache. RSM crew, and pieces. Hopefully the units will see action at the AMG weekend, later this year.



14 comments:

  1. They look sharp Robbie, though I'll confess I'd not know most seven years war cavalry from a hole in the ground.
    It may be time to get that Digby Smith book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cuirassiers and artillery

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! Loooove the SYW-era Saxons, and glad to see that there are a few people painting them out there in Bloglandia. Saxon and Reichsarmee troops are a nice change from the usual Austrians and Prussians. Yours look very Gilder-esque by the way.

    Best Regards,

    Stokes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do have a soft spot for the Saxons, throughout their era, from Augustus the Strong onwards.

      Delete
  4. Thanks Neil, Eureka have a good pre Salute offer on, so their prices are acceptable. Just.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look great Robbie. More Prussian fodder maybe .....

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look very nice - I'm looking forward to seeing your figures at the AMG convention.
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im looking forward to playing with them Chris, although being new units, they will no doubt fail badly.

      Delete

My 6mm Napoleonic set up.

My 6mm Napoleonic set up.
Austria 1809.

Austrian Hussars

Austrian Hussars
Hinchliffe figures

Austrian Grenzer

Austrian Grenzer
Austrian Grenzer

Smoggycon 2013

Smoggycon 2013
Smoggycon 2013

Smoggycon 2012

Smoggycon 2012
Smoggycon 2012

Smoogycon 2009

Smoogycon 2009
My French getting another beating