Monday 29 February 2016

New French Regiments.

 I finally based the two French line regiments that Tony Runkee painted for me. I opted to buy the figures from Elite Miniatures, because it seemed to me that they were loosely based on the Gilder's Connoisseur ranges. Certainly the Napoleonic's are, but I have my doubts about their Seven Years War ranges. I had hoped that if they were similar to the Gilder style, Tony could really work his magic on them. I must admit that I was disappointed when the metal came as they seemed clunky and quite crude. Luckily Tony was still able to do a wonderful job on them, although he admitted that he had found them difficult to bring to life.
 I dont think my camera does the figures justice to be fair, as Tony clearly put a lot of effort into the figures.I dont normally commission figures, too expensive, and I do enjoy painting, but Tony does a wonderful paint job, so I think it was worth the money.







10 comments:

  1. Well, they look pretty darn good to my eyes.

    Best Regards,

    Stokes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robbie,

    I'd 100% agree with your thoughts, not the best figures from the elite stable, however I don't think you could fault the paintjob that Tony has given them.

    Silk purse from a sow's ear? Quite possibly

    John

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely units Robbie. Elite are my favourite figures for Napoleonics (as well as Connoisseur) but I am not familiar with the Seven Years War stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dave,
      I think the Napoleonic's are brilliant, but I get the impression Pete Moreby wasnt too keen on doing the SYW.

      Delete
  4. whatever the bare metal looked like doesn't matter - as a painted unit they look superb.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paul,
      Thats purely down to the talent of Tony Runkee.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Jim,
      They look wonderful in their paint flesh, but I am pleased that I didnt attempt to paint them, they just looked very odd somehow.

      Delete

My 6mm Napoleonic set up.

My 6mm Napoleonic set up.
Austria 1809.

Austrian Hussars

Austrian Hussars
Hinchliffe figures

Austrian Grenzer

Austrian Grenzer
Austrian Grenzer

Smoggycon 2013

Smoggycon 2013
Smoggycon 2013

Smoggycon 2012

Smoggycon 2012
Smoggycon 2012

Smoogycon 2009

Smoogycon 2009
My French getting another beating