Wednesday 27 May 2020

On a Lighter Note.

 On a lighter note from griping I found this Hinchliffe set in my scrap box. I think I bought him about ten years ago in Scotland. Unfortunately there was no dais but the King of Kings is perfect as my C in C for Sword and Spear. Yes he is a bit crudely painted but the figures are well over thirty years old and Im even older.

 Two Persian sub generals to prove I actually own some new figures these are from the Mortal Gods range, in all their 32mm glory.
 Another couple from another scrap box and stored for a rainy day as it were.I haven't a clue who made these figures but they are very good sculpts and a pleasure to paint.


 And finally a couple of Garrison goodies that were spares from the couple of foot regiments that Rob Young very kindly cast up for me. So a couple of foot generals for Pike and Shotte.
To be honest I haven't just painted these few figures but the remainder are figures that belong in larger units yet to be completed fully.
 So I am still painting albeit a tad slower because of the weather and the lock-down which has become tedious to say the least.



17 comments:

  1. Some lovely old school minis there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since the madness started Ive found myself regressing in my choice of wargaming figures for my units.I think its a safety issue or something too deep to understand.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Johnathan, I nearly chose the old Hinchliffe range for the Persians but luckily the first of the plastic Persian figures were released. I still have a hankering for the Hinchliffe range though.

      Delete
  3. Tedious doesn't even begin to cover it really! Nice to see you still churning out completed stuff! Keep at it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So right David. One has to be of a certain mentality to handle the tedium. You can only dig so many holes and pull so many weeds before you get sick.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks. Its difficult to remain motivated when one cant get on the battlefield to push the toys around.

      Delete
  5. Your scrap box had some nice kit in it!
    Lovely work all round but I think the medieval couple are my favourites!
    Best Iain

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are indeed Iain, I wish I knew who had made them because they are really well sculpted.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thanks Ray, still plugging away and attempting to hold things together, just.

      Delete
  7. A great variety of nice add-ons there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sometimes less is more as the cliche goes. The variety helps sometimes.

      Delete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love so much your nice post. Thanks for the post. If anyone need web 2.0 backlinks backlinks service then please contact me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I optimize WordPress speed by clean up code, optimize themes, plugins, and many more. We DO NOT just install plugins to hide the problem as many other competitors do. I will Wordpress Speed Optimization So You Can Keep Your User Happy.

    ReplyDelete

My 6mm Napoleonic set up.

My 6mm Napoleonic set up.
Austria 1809.

Austrian Hussars

Austrian Hussars
Hinchliffe figures

Austrian Grenzer

Austrian Grenzer
Austrian Grenzer

Smoggycon 2013

Smoggycon 2013
Smoggycon 2013

Smoggycon 2012

Smoggycon 2012
Smoggycon 2012

Smoogycon 2009

Smoogycon 2009
My French getting another beating