Tuesday 22 February 2022

The Flemish contingent.

My latest efforts re the Burgundians. These will be my last pike unit for the army. [Foundry with Perry standard bearers] The standards are Flemish. Charles the Bold hired Flemish pike units but they proved ill disciplined and unreliable.One of my favourite ranges created by the Perries many years ago.

Halberd armed Burgundians. Usually consisting of dismounted coustilliers. Im not certain if these will be covered by Andy Callans latest edition of Never Mind the Billhooks, but I hope so. 


Finally, a Reaper Miniatures wizard. No Im not starting a fantasy army, he s just too nice a figure not to buy and paint him. I think it was his familiar perched on the spell book that did it. 





 

10 comments:

  1. Like the Wiz! The Flems are fine too! Are you a fan of 'Never Mind the Bollocks' then?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sense a bit of a leg pull here David, but I do enjoy a game of Billhooks.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Neil, Ive always liked these figures from Foundry and keep buying more when I can.

      Delete
  3. Super units coming out from your painting desk. Last pike unit? I am trying not to laugh...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Johnathan, but seriously Ive got lots of pike units for Pike and Shotte and Billhooks, one has to recognise when enough is enough, especially when Ive a load of Macedonians to paint....with pike.

      Delete
  4. Robbie,as usual a "canny" paint job! I like the length of your pikes,I find that if a pike is too long,someone will inevitably knock it off,so keep mine a bit shorter than history would dictate-cheers.
    johnc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Only you could spot Id cut them shorter than usual.I suppose counting your cash in the dark has its rewards.

      Delete

My 6mm Napoleonic set up.

My 6mm Napoleonic set up.
Austria 1809.

Austrian Hussars

Austrian Hussars
Hinchliffe figures

Austrian Grenzer

Austrian Grenzer
Austrian Grenzer

Smoggycon 2013

Smoggycon 2013
Smoggycon 2013

Smoggycon 2012

Smoggycon 2012
Smoggycon 2012

Smoogycon 2009

Smoogycon 2009
My French getting another beating